ISA promises more driving info for students
The India Student Association has pledged to conduct and support more driving instruction for its students after student Rajesh Puli was killed in a single-car accident last week.
This is the second Indian student in six months to die in a car crash. Suman Reddy Kukkunoor was killed last September in an accident on Interstate 30.
"The India Student Association is deeply in shock after hearing the death of Mr. Rajesh Puli," ISA member Pratyush Kotturu said.
The ISA will now concentrate on ensuring its members and Indian students as a whole are getting the instruction they need when it comes to driving in the U.S.
"ISA is giving helpful tips on driving differences between India and the U.S. and how to choose a car," Kotturu said. "International students often make the mistake of choosing a cheap car which does not even have a secured air bag installation. For every intake, ISA explains to new students the transportation guidelines, how to choose a car, etc."
They will also be asking if A&M-Commerce can help in their efforts.
"We are recommending the University to start a driving practice or school type program so that international students can get some good help from them," Kotturu said.
Puli was wearing his seatbelt when he lost control of his car and smashed into a tree near the town of Groveton last week. Kukkunoor was reportedly driving on the left side of the road when he had his accident in September.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The East Texan News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE EAST TEXAN NEWS
- 'Expendables 2' epitomizes dumb but fun action
- 'The Bourne Legacy' disappoints with same old thrills
- Tasteless 'Total Recall' remake leaves audiences underwhelmed
- Actor chemistry saves 'The Watch' from being boring waste
- Batman goes out strong in final 'Dark Knight' film
- 'Ted' marks promising film career for McFarlane
- Stylistic choices sink 'Savages'
RECENT THE EAST TEXAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program