Students robbed at gunpoint in Mayo alley
Two A&M-Commerce students were robbed at gunpoint in an alley on the 1800 block of Mayo Street around 9:45 last night.
The men had their student ID cards and cell phones taken. No one was injured in the incident. They told Commerce Police two males wearing black ski masks and black clothing approached them displaying guns and demanding money. One suspect was described as a black male just over 6-feet tall and about 200 lbs, and the other was 5 foot 10 inches tall and approximately 170-180 lbs. The suspects drove away in a black van or SUV that had a "noisy engine."
The university has taken this opportunity to remind students to remain alert when walking across campus at night and be aware of blue-light emergency phones and their locations.
Anyone with information about the identity of the suspects or the vehicle that may have been seen leaving the area is advised to contact the Commerce Police Department at (903)886-1139.
More on this story as it develops.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The East Texan News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE EAST TEXAN NEWS
- 'Expendables 2' epitomizes dumb but fun action
- 'The Bourne Legacy' disappoints with same old thrills
- Tasteless 'Total Recall' remake leaves audiences underwhelmed
- Actor chemistry saves 'The Watch' from being boring waste
- Batman goes out strong in final 'Dark Knight' film
- 'Ted' marks promising film career for McFarlane
- Stylistic choices sink 'Savages'
RECENT THE EAST TEXAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Protecting Seniors Online from Scams, Hacks and Tax Fraud
- Rehydrating for Optimal Health
- Five Reasons You Need Cell Phone Insurance Now
- The One Super Bowl Fact You Still May Not Know
- Companies Are Discovering That Pittsburgh Is Good for...
- Millennials Go House Hunting, and Here's What They Crave
- Estate Plans: You're Not Doing Anyone a Favor by Avoiding...
- What Would You Have to Give Up to Pay for An Unexpected...
- Four Tips to Keep Your Kids' Teeth Healthy And Clean
- Local Community Newspapers Go Digital
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- N. American Effie Awards Announces 2017 Collegiate Effie Competition
- Students Increasingly Turn To GoFundMe To Pay For College
- O2 BARS: LATEST RAGE AT COLLEGE DE-STRESS, SOCIAL, & WELLNESS EVENTS
- Deadline Approaching for Phi Kappa Phi Study Abroad Grants
- ESA Foundation launches 2017-18 Scholarship Program