Meet the candidate: Jared Peckham
SGA presidential candidate
1.Why do you want to be the SGA President?
I am running for the office of the president of Student Government Association as a result of my dedication to the university and its students. I am now a senior expecting to graduate in 2013 and I have had the pleasure of being involved with many organizations on campus. I have also benefitted greatly from many opportunities that the university has graciously given me that has given me a unique college experience. I believe that carrying the mantle of responsibility that comes with being the voice of the students would be an excellent way for me to give back to both the university and its students.
2. What do you feel that you offer the student body, if elected?
Elected or not my time, energy and abilities are at the disposal of the students and faculty of the university.
3. What are some of your goals as the SGA President?
My primary goal will be to simply help ensure that the voice of the students is heard.
4.What sets you apart from your opponents?
Asides from dashing good looks and charming personality, my experiences set me apart from the others that are running for office. I have had a fairly full life and I believe that I have benefited from opportunities that few others have experienced (at least in the peculiar combination that I have). I've been involved with a good number of organizations on campus and off, which I believe has afforded me a great position for acting as the voice of the students.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The East Texan News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE EAST TEXAN NEWS
- 'Expendables 2' epitomizes dumb but fun action
- 'The Bourne Legacy' disappoints with same old thrills
- Tasteless 'Total Recall' remake leaves audiences underwhelmed
- Actor chemistry saves 'The Watch' from being boring waste
- Batman goes out strong in final 'Dark Knight' film
- 'Ted' marks promising film career for McFarlane
- Stylistic choices sink 'Savages'
RECENT THE EAST TEXAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Do More With Less
- New Treatment for Undiagnosed Sports Injuries -- From...
- Beat the Crowds: Visit Europe During the Shoulder Seasons
- Building a Better Bridge From Hospital to Home Health Care
- 8 Tips to Selecting Colors for Your Home's Exterior
- This Year, Make a Goal to Contribute More to Your 401(k)
- Giving the Elderly a Lift -- In Their Home
- 4-H Grown: Alumni Asked to Stand Up and Support STEM...
- Haven't Tried Sardines? Try These
- Weatherizing Your Home Can Mean Big Benefits
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Entries Now Open for 7th Annual College Sports Media Awards
- Rescue your Spring Break with new app dubbed the "Uber of Roadside Assistance"
- First Lady Michelle Obama and the Peace Corps Join Together to Expand Girls' Education
- Potential health risks of hookah smoking are being overlooked by users
- Study Finds College-age Millennials Hopeful for the Future, Worry about Student Loans and Overspending