Student population up for Spring
Enrollment at A&M-Commerce for the Spring 2012 semester has reached 10,965, as certified by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board (THECB).
This is a 2.94 percent increase from this time last year. Although A&M-Commerce collects tuition and fees from over 11,000 students, the THECB does not count out-of state students who take online classes, those that exceed 45 hours past their degree requirement and various other categories for state funding matters.
There was also a 6.12 percent increase in the amount of credit hours being served by A&M-Commerce. Enrollment has gone up 22 percent since 2009.
"I am very pleased with the efforts of our Texas A&M University-Commerce team," Vice President for Student Access and Success Dr. Mary Hendrix said in a press release. "Despite the new state regulations for documentation of bacterial meningitis vaccination for new students and these difficult economic times, our team focused on each individual student to achieve these results."
Last Fall, A&M-Commerce had a THECB certified enrollment of 10,726 students and a total enrollment of 11, 149.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
Recent The East Texan News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE EAST TEXAN NEWS
- 'Expendables 2' epitomizes dumb but fun action
- 'The Bourne Legacy' disappoints with same old thrills
- Tasteless 'Total Recall' remake leaves audiences underwhelmed
- Actor chemistry saves 'The Watch' from being boring waste
- Batman goes out strong in final 'Dark Knight' film
- 'Ted' marks promising film career for McFarlane
- Stylistic choices sink 'Savages'
RECENT THE EAST TEXAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Zulily Helps Moms Navigate the "Fourth Trimester" in Style
- Veteran Raises Capital Via Alternative Financing
- Stop Pests This Spring With These Safe, Simple Steps
- Have a Blast This Spring Break With These Must-Have...
- Seniors Find That Doing Good Is Good For You
- University Students Take Top Honors at CME Group's Annual...
- Telecom and Cloud Service Options Expand in Africa
- Depression Sufferers Find Hope With New Sound Technology
- Going With Your Gut -- Virtual Colonoscopy Simplifies...
- Entrepreneurs Provide TIPS! Monthly Yield Now Makes Sense
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- Applications Available for Phi Kappa Phi Student Leadership Summit
- GREEN AMERICA: ONE MILLION TREES COULD BE SAVED EACH YEAR IF UNIVERSITIES SWITCHED TO ONLY RECYCLED PAPER FOR ALUMNI MAGAZINES
- Deadline Approaching for the Phi Kappa Phi Fellowship Program
- Entries Are Open for 9th Annual SVG/NACDA College Sports Media Awards
- Investor Bitcoin Investment Plans Guarantee Zero Losses