University to "take appropriate action" for thefts
A press release stating disciplinary action has been pursued for the football players involved in the thefts of The East Texan on Feb. 25 was sent out Mar. 3 by Texas A&M University-Commerce.
The release stated President Dan Jones would seek justice for the thefts.
"A&M-Commerce does not stand back idly when crimes like these are committed," he said. "We hold our students and staff to a high standard, and will take appropriate action to the remedy the situation."
Athletic Director Carlton Cooper said in the release disciplinary actions have been taken, but the athletic department is determined to learn from this experience and move forward.
"I am very disappointed that members of our football program made an error in judgment," he said. "We are sorry this happened and will continue to cooperate and assist the campus administration with their investigation."
There was no mention in the release what the disciplinary actions mentioned were.
Cooper said he has a tremendous respect for The East Texan and its staff and hopes this situation will have a positive outcome.
"This situation will assist in our development both personally and professionally," he said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The East Texan News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE EAST TEXAN NEWS
- 'Expendables 2' epitomizes dumb but fun action
- 'The Bourne Legacy' disappoints with same old thrills
- Tasteless 'Total Recall' remake leaves audiences underwhelmed
- Actor chemistry saves 'The Watch' from being boring waste
- Batman goes out strong in final 'Dark Knight' film
- 'Ted' marks promising film career for McFarlane
- Stylistic choices sink 'Savages'
RECENT THE EAST TEXAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- Give Your Kitchen a New Look With a Lighting Update
- Garden Project Spreads Its Roots in Urban Areas
- The Need for Voluntary Insurance Is on the Rise
- How to Be More Productive During Your Business Flights
- It's Never too Late to Start Living Healthy
- Revive tus objetivos de verte saludable en 2015
- Debunking Common Tax-Filing Myths
- With Help From Chile, Blueberries Stay Fresh All Winter
- Small Fixtures Make a Big Design Impact
- Keeping the Workplace in Proper Alignment
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- ASCO Numatics Announces 2015 Industrial Automation Engineering Scholarships
- Coffee Club Goes Viral With Members Earning Free Starbucks Cards
- UniversitySpot.com Introduces Extensive, Curated List of Free Online Courses for Winter 2015
- NEEBO COLLEGE TEXTBOOK SAVINGS TIP: SELL EARLY, BUY EARLY AND SAVE BIG
- Draper University's Tim Draper Hosts YouNoodle Live Featuring Student Entrepreneurs From Around The World