University to "take appropriate action" for thefts
A press release stating disciplinary action has been pursued for the football players involved in the thefts of The East Texan on Feb. 25 was sent out Mar. 3 by Texas A&M University-Commerce.
The release stated President Dan Jones would seek justice for the thefts.
"A&M-Commerce does not stand back idly when crimes like these are committed," he said. "We hold our students and staff to a high standard, and will take appropriate action to the remedy the situation."
Athletic Director Carlton Cooper said in the release disciplinary actions have been taken, but the athletic department is determined to learn from this experience and move forward.
"I am very disappointed that members of our football program made an error in judgment," he said. "We are sorry this happened and will continue to cooperate and assist the campus administration with their investigation."
There was no mention in the release what the disciplinary actions mentioned were.
Cooper said he has a tremendous respect for The East Texan and its staff and hopes this situation will have a positive outcome.
"This situation will assist in our development both personally and professionally," he said.
Get Top Stories Delivered Weekly
From Around the Web
Recent The East Texan News Articles
Discuss This Article
GET TOP STORIES DELIVERED WEEKLY
FOLLOW OUR NEWSPAPER
LATEST THE EAST TEXAN NEWS
- 'Expendables 2' epitomizes dumb but fun action
- 'The Bourne Legacy' disappoints with same old thrills
- Tasteless 'Total Recall' remake leaves audiences underwhelmed
- Actor chemistry saves 'The Watch' from being boring waste
- Batman goes out strong in final 'Dark Knight' film
- 'Ted' marks promising film career for McFarlane
- Stylistic choices sink 'Savages'
RECENT THE EAST TEXAN CLASSIFIEDS
FROM AROUND THE WEB
- As Insurers End Coverage for Compounded Drugs, Patients...
- 4 Tips to Start Your Day a Little Earlier
- Join the Force to Fight Lung Cancer in Women
- If You Want to Help Avoid Back Problems, Stop Slouching
- Common-Sense Strategies From a Natural Marketing Guru
- 10 Steps to Help Older Adults Prevent Slips, Trips and Falls
- Stay Cool for Next to Nothing: Power Down the AC on...
- Family-Friendly Programming Storms The Weather Channel
- Carrageenan: Sustainability From Farm to Table
- Every Room Tells a Story if You Set the Stage
COLLEGE PRESS RELEASES
- WHEN GEORGIA SMILED: THE ROBIN MCGRAW REVELATION FOUNDATION TEAMS WITH PIVOT AND STUDENTS OF THE WORLD TO LAUNCH THE #iASPIRE GRANT CONTEST
- Latino Groups Launch National Campaign to Deliver Record Latino Turnout for 2014 Midterm Elections
- The Power of Peer Support: Sheryl Sandberg's "Lean In" Hits Campuses
- Cengage Learning and Flashnotes.com Form Strategic Partnership
- PAOLO NUTINI CELEBRATES U.S. RELEASE OF “CAUSTIC LOVE”